Monday, December 28, 2009

Buried in links

Okay, it's my last night being away from home (seeing the fam in Michigan) and I finally figured I should start digging myself out of all the links I've being meaning to share with you.

First, an audio interview and article with Henri Cole and Christopher Lydon. They also give him the ole' Proust questionaire, which I have to believe he probably really didn't enjoy.
Poetry was the place where as a young gay man he worked through yearning and anger to astringency and order. French, Armenian and English were the languages of his home growing up in Virginia in the sixties and seventies.

"And hearing this braid of languages regularly spoken," he has written, "heightened my sense of words as a kind of loge in which desires were illuminated, memory was recovered and poems would be assembled."
Brian Brodeur's How a Poem Happens blog looks at Marilyn Hacker.  Surf around his great site and find more poets, many gay and lesbian.

A review of Spicer's collected poetry that you might have missed.  But wait, there's more!
Spicer wrote a dramatic version of the Nathaniel Hawthorne's "Young Goodman Brown"?  Apparently.  Read what his professor (who gave him an A- on it in 1946) had to say about the work.

Jee Leong Koh's been busy! Here's a brief interview he did.  But cooler are this three recent posts that respond to his reading of seminal gay critic Gregory Woods, including two posts on 1)"Articulate Flesh: Male Homo-eroticism & modern poetry" Here's #2. And another post on Woods's  A History of Gay Literature: The Male Tradition."


The New Gay blog interviews Philip Clark about the new book he and David Groff edited, Persistent Voices: Poetry by Writers Lost to AIDS.

I gotta tell you, this is the tip of the iceberg.  Sigh.  So many links, so little time.

No comments: